JetSpeed fairway woods and Rescue clubs each incorporate a radically redesigned Speed Pocket that’s smaller and accounts for less weight while remaining just as efficient at boosting the speed of the clubface. Think of it as an afterburner for your ball. Unlike the Speed Pockets in our previous fairways and Rescues, which were empty, JetSpeed’s is filled with polymer to keep debris out and absorb unwanted vibration without slowing down the clubface.
The weight saved by the new Speed Pocket design is redistributed strategically within the clubhead to move the CG lower and forward, the location that TaylorMade has proven promotes fast ball speed and low spin. TaylorMade’s robot testing indicates that JetSpeed fairways and Rescue clubs reduce spin compared to RBZ Stage 2 to promote more distance. JetSpeed fairways reduce spin by 200-300 RPM compared to RBZ Stage 2 to promote more distance.
- New and more efficient Speed Pocket design promotes fast ball speed for long distance
- Ultra-high strength JetSteel face promotes fast ball speed for long distance
- Low-and-forward CG promotes fast ball speed and low spin for long distance
- Low-profile head design with shallow face promotes easy and high launch for great playability
- Matrix Velox T shaft-weight varies by flex to promote maximum feel and control at different swing speeds
- Speed Pocket, low-forward CG and shaft specs work together to promote long distance and easy playability