adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, announced today that revolutionary BOOST™ cushioning technology is now available in golf footwear for the first time, highlighted by the all-new adipower Boost for both men and women. An industry-changing innovation, BOOST technology is designed to deliver maximum energy return, responsiveness and unparalleled comfort.
adidas’ innovative BOOST foam cushioning is comprised of thousands of TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) energy capsules fused together by way of a proprietary high pressure steam molding process. At their core, these capsules are the essence of the innovation; its function, storing and releasing energy efficiently throughout the swing and delivering maximum energy return as athletes perform.
While traditional EVA foam hardens and softens dramatically when temperatures fluctuate, BOOST foam retains consistent cushioning and is incredibly responsive in both hot and cold conditions. Combined with a lace-in saddle, fitsleeve tongue wrapping, external heel counter and a fitfoam ® PU sockliner, adipower Boost delivers a more precise, comfortable fit for all golfers. Taking everything learned from BOOST technology’s remarkable success in running, basketball and baseball, designers have created the most comfortable footwear in adidas Golf history.
For extraordinary performance, adidas Golf conducted extensive player testing and results from forceplate testing combined with critical tour player feedback for more than a year, incorporating key learnings and utilizing revolutionary and tour-proven gripmore® technology in the shoe’s construction. For the first time, adidas Golf has placed gripmore spikes of varying sizes, strategically locating them on the outsole to deliver improved and more efficient traction and stability where it’s needed most – the swingplane.
- Boost midsole foam in heel for walking comfort and energy return
- Soft EVA foam in forefoot provides smooth transition and comfort
- Dual-gusseted tongue for added comfort
- Advanced puremotion outsole with strategically-placed adiwear traction provides improved stability, grip, and performance
- TPU saddle, external heel counter and bonded overlays for additional lateral stability and support
- Lightweight and stretchable upper features bonded PU weld for added protection and durability
- Climaproof protection from the elements
- Molded cloudfoam sockliner provides great cushioning, support and comfort
- Built on the iconic supernova running last for extreme comfort