DetailsThe KING LTD Driver represents COBRA’s finest technologies without compromise. Created with the best materials and technologies, the KING LTD is the Longest & Straightest driver that COBRA has ever created. THE ULTIMATE DISTANCE MACHINE.
- Spaceport - A 16g weight design (featuring Spiralock® technology that prevents the over tightening and loosing of the weight during heavy vibrations and high-speed impacts) creates an extremely low and deep CG with high MOI - the perfect combination for ultimate distance without sacrificing forgiveness.
- Zero CG - Most drivers have a CG (Center of Gravity) that is positioned above the neutral axis line. KING LTD is our first driver to get down to the neutral axis line (Zero CG), meaning more distance through higher launch, less spin and more ball speed.
- Fit For Your Game - Equipped with Cobra's MyFly loft technology, easily adjust your ideal launch conditions with 8 different loft settings. The KING LTD offers both draw and neutral settings for optimum distance from the tee.
- Forged E9 Face - A new, re-engineered Forged 8-1-1 Titanium E9 Face has a variable thickness structure that is lighter, thinner and hotter, creating more deflection for faster ball speeds and a larger Sweet Zone across the face.
- Crown Technology - The TeXtreme Carbon Fiber crown is 20% lighter than regular carbon fiber, allowing for more weight to be repositioned lower and deeper in the head for extreme distance and greater forgiveness.
- Speed Channel - Speed Channel is an exclusive COBRA innovation. An engineered trench around the perimeter of the face minimizes thickness and increases ball speeds across the face for incredible distance.
- Additional Information
Condition: NEW, FACTORY SEALED
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Incredible, subtle driver
Everything about this driver is subtle, hidden just under the surface.
If you are looking at extending your drive as far as possible, this could be your driver. There is so little spin, that it is tough to gauge just how far this driver will carry. Depending on where you catch it on the face, it can add several yards.
The look and sound are awesome. There is a relationship with the looks and sound that I adore. Relative to other drivers, this sounds like it is equipped with a silencer. The feel of a perfect strike matches a solid "thump", or maybe a "thwack." There is very little higher pitched ping sound.
Like the sound, the look is just beautiful, but you have to look into the club head a bit. There is a very understated checkerboard pattern that is underlying the black finish. It is just slick as heck looking; almost hypnotic.
This driver is exactly what I'm looking for, and perfectly fits my style of play.
Speed ≈ 105 mph
Went with the stock Stiff shaft, and it is brilliant.
- Great Driver - long and forgiving
This driver bangs. My last driver was a Nike VR Covert 2.0. So the driver just before the current Nike Vapor drivers. I went to the range and also to a fitter to hit the Cobra King LTD, the Nike Vapor and the taylormade M1 for comparison. My price range was <$500. About my swing, my swing-speed averages around 115 mph - significantly higher than most weekenders.
My summary of this driver is simple:
15 yards further than the covert 2.0 and 20 yard straighter. I am hitting this driver longer and straighter than my previous driver, and I am hitting more fairways per round than I have ever hit before. This driver is huge off of the tee-box. I just played a round this weekend where I hit the longest drive I have ever hit, over 350 yards off of the tee-box on a 500 yard par 5. Awesome.
By comparison, the M1 I did hit further at the range and the fittings. However, I had much lower control over the ball by comparison to the Cobra King LTD. Also, increased RPM was a drawback to the M1 for me, though the numbers were similar to the LTD.
The Vapor was trouble for me. It may have been the shaft flex (it seemed more flexible for a stiff shaft than the other 2 which was odd). This club though was shorter than the King and the M1 and although more accurate than the m1, mishits from center were prone to significantly reduced distance.
Write Your Own Review