“Tour Preferred” is an attitude and an aptitude. It’s a skill for understanding, designing, building and maintaining golf equipment for the better player. TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred irons have long been revered by tour professionals for striking the ideal balance of look, feel, sound and performance. That comes from our unique and unparalleled ability to interpret the observations of tour professionals and turn them into reality through the union of innovative technologies and artful design. The result: irons that please the eye and live up to the skills of the better player.
Tour Preferred MC combines a player’s shape with a shallow “muscle cavity” to boost MOI, creating an unparalleled blend of beauty, feel, workability and stability. The 3- through 7-iron incorporate TaylorMade’s renowned Speed Pocket™ technology to promote increased ball speed in the lower portion of the clubface for more consistent ball speed and launch conditions across the entire face. The head’s length, topline and sole-width are all slightly larger compared to the Tour Preferred MB.
All three Tour Preferred models are offered in 3-iron through PW, feature a hand-polished satin nickel-chrome finish and are equipped with KBS Tour steel shafts and tour velvet grips.
- Art and science converge to create the ultimate combination of speed, stability and clean design.
- Ideal iron for the better player who wants maximum performance technology in a compact and elegant head shape.
- Speed Pocket™ in 3- through 7-irons increases ball speed low on the face to deliver more consistent ballspeed and launch conditions across the entire face.
- Beautifully shaped sole for better players who prefer slightly more effective bounce.
- Compact short-irons with minimal offset, slightly larger mid- and long-irons with progressively more offset.
- Stronger lofts due to higher launch angle generated by the Speed Pocket for an optimal combination of distance and controlled trajectory.
- Hand-polished satin nickel-chrome finish preferred by better players.