1. HP Byron Nelson Championship Update - Jeff Overton, -6, takes first round lead.
Leaderboard | Round 2 Tee Times | Round 1 Recap
3. If you're into the FedEx Cup, you can follow live projected scoring throughout the Byron Nelson here.
4. Sergio Garcia is battling an injury to his left ring finger, but managed to shoot an opening round 66 at the HPBNC. Garcia needs to move into the top 50 in the world rankings to qualify for thhe U.S. Open. Should he fail to do so, he said he will play the 36-hole qualifier in Memphis on June 6 to try and keep his consecutive major championships played record (47) in tact. [Tour Report]
5. Not a day goes by without some mention of Tiger Woods. His long-time agent Mark Steinberg has left IMG and the company has said Woods can go with his agent if he pleases. Of course, Woods used his usual media dance-around by stating he's committed to both IMG and his agent, but obviously he can't have it both ways. I can't imagine this really hurting Woods either way, but it will be interesting to see which way Steinberg goes in this situation. He can open his own firm if he believes his name carries enough clout for such a bold move, or he may sign with another powerhouse firm like CAA.
If Steinberg heads to CAA and Woods joins him, he'll be amongst stars like LeBron James, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Cristiano Rinaldo, David Beckham, Jim Rome and many others. Only a true clone would plug Rome into that list, so give me my Jungle cred. [Tour Insider]
6. A Q&A with Scotty Cameron. If you're terrible at putting, don't blame him. Cameron makes some of the most innovative and good looking putters in the golf world. [Golf.com]
7. The Hooked on Golf Blog is live at the HPBNC and posting some nice behind the scenes stuff including photos and media tidbits. Check it out: http://www.hookedongolfblog.com/
8. Jason Sobel of the Golf Channel tweeted this morning that John Daly withdrew from the BMW PGA Championship with a hip injury. Too bad.
If you follow Daly and Hank Haney on Twitter, there's been a pretty strong push from fans for Daly to become the next golfer on The Haney Project. The show has featured Charles Barkley and Rush Limbaugh in the past. I'm not sure how much it will Daly - his problem seems to be between the ears - but it would make for great television. Daly has already stated he's up for it, so we'll what happens.